Wednesday, August 31, 2011

WIWW

This week I did a pretty good job of dressing up and remembering to take pictures. Yay! 

Lindsay  issued a challenge for this week to try a thrifted item in your outfits. About 75% of my wardrobe is thrifted, so that wasn't too difficult to do!

One of the main things I'm trying to incorporate in my wardrobe again is belts. Now that I've lost my baby weight, I'm excited to highlight my waist again. I think belts make outfits look a lot more pulled together and I like the hour-glass look they create.

Birthday Dinner::: Coral and Chocolate:


Dress: Hand me down from a friend (She got it at GW!)
Cami: Gordman's
Necklace: Dollar General (ages ago.)


 Shoes: GW $4



Wedding::: Jade and Cream:

Necklace: From trip to Singapore

Top: Kohls
Cami: Gordman's

Skirt: GW $3
Shoes: Wally World $7
Belt: Thrifted $1 



Church::: Coral and blue

(I'd love your feedback on this one. It's a little out of my comfort zone. It kind of feels like there's too much going on. Should I have skipped the belt?)


Top: Kohls
T-shirt: Kohls
Skirt: Christopher and Banks (Was ankle length, but I cut it off.)
Shoes: GW $4

 Belt: Thrifted. (Isn't it awesome? I actually scored this one, the black one in the jade and cream outfit and another fabulous red one the same place. The kicker? They were only $1 each!)

 I don't know how he does it, but C always manages to get into my WIWW pictures. One of his many talents I guess. 

Necklace: My mom's. So, I guess that makes it vintage. :)



Errands::: Fall colors

 I haven't worn these shorts for a really long time. 2+ years at least. I just got this shirt a few weeks ago and though it went pretty well.

Top: GW $3
T-Shirt: Kohls
Shorts: Wally World $7
Shoes: Younkers

Braided my hair!
Necklace: American Eagle, GW $2




Hanging out with family::: Black and White

 Top: Thrifted $3
T-Shirt: Kohls
Shorts: Lee

Sandals: Bear Traps, Younkers




Linking up with:
pleated poppy

3 comments:

  1. You are soooo cute!!! I wish I had your style!

    And I think the church outfit went well but I would have never thought to put all the pieces together since I really don't have much "vision" when it comes to getting dressed. But you looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute outfits! I love the pattern on that first dress. And I don't think there's too much going on with the striped shirt outfit...I like the way you shortened the skirt!

    To answer your question, I did loop my belt through like you said. Easy Peasy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute belt, all your looks are fab.

    This is only my third week linking up at WIWW.

    I currently have a fun anything goes linky at my blog that runs Friday through Monday each week. I just announced a new monthly “desperate 4 date night” linky and would love for you to join in on the fun. Here is the link explaing more.

    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/08/welcome-to-new-desperate-4-date-night.html

    Thanks for you time and hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete