Friday, August 17, 2012

4 Years.

Yesterday the hubby and I celebrated our fourth anniversary.

We had a great day! Lazy morning at home with C.  and a sweet date night out for dinner just enjoying each other's company.

Life happened too. 

Our car overheated and we had to field calls about selling our house. C had to be fed and diapered. Bills had to be paid. I did laundry. We worked our business.

It was perfect. 

And I really mean that. Earlier in our marriage I would have been disappointed that things didn't go 'perfectly' but yesterday that stuff didn't even phase me! It was a perfect celebration of the everyday-ness of marriage!)




It's hard to believe time has gone by so quickly! We've experienced so much already....




In 7 weeks we will be welcoming our second child to our family. We just sold our house by owner and will be moving in a couple weeks (This is part of the reason I have been so delinquent on here. ) We started our own business 18 months ago. So many other things...

With each day that goes by I appreciate my husband more. His conviction, sensitivity, passion, determination, perseverance, amazing sense of humor, faith in God, generosity, and humility. 

I was pretty young when we got married. I look back now and think, "I had no idea what to really look for in a spouse." Sure I knew a few things, but really, you can't know how your spouse will respond to life until you live it together!  


Each new trial or joy God brings into our lives shows me again how blessed I am to be married to the man I am. 

I am learning to trust him (and God) more. To let go of control. To really enjoy the man I am married to instead of trying to change him. 

My heart is full of gratefulness. There are plenty of uncertainties in our future together, but I know that with Matt by my side and God as our rock we can face anything together.




No comments:

Post a Comment