So, I was at a local thrift shop this week and stumbled upon three framed and matted pictures.
Problem 1: they were Peter Rabbit themed. C has a jungle room.
Problem 2: weird reddish orange wood color.
The price was right though, ($1 for the set) and it's unusual to find 3 matching frames so I thought I'd see what I could do. First I decided to give the frames a coat of black paint. Big improvement. Next I decided to paint my own pictures. (gulp!)
They actually turned out pretty good! I only had card stock to paint on, which bubbled a little, but once I got them in the frames you don't even notice. Here's pre-frames:
It wasn't too tricky to replace the paintings already in the frames. The old prints were glued to the mats, but I just gently pried them apart and taped these to the mats instead. Easy peasy!
I ended up doing a zebra for the middle.
I decided to put them over C's changing table. I've been wanting something to go there for awhile, but wasn't sure what. I think These fit well!
A close up:
Today's Creative Blog
Also linking up with the Thrifty Decor Chick