Monday, September 5, 2011

Before and After Art for C's Room





So, I was at a local thrift shop this week and stumbled upon three framed and matted pictures.

Problem 1: they were Peter Rabbit themed. C has a jungle room.

Problem 2: weird reddish orange wood color.



The price was right though, ($1 for the set) and it's unusual to find 3 matching frames so I thought I'd see what I could do. First I decided to give the frames a coat of black paint. Big improvement. Next I decided to paint my own pictures. (gulp!)

They actually turned out pretty good! I only had card stock to paint on, which bubbled a little, but once I got them in the frames you don't even notice. Here's pre-frames:

It wasn't too tricky to replace the paintings already in the frames. The old prints were glued to the mats, but I just gently pried them apart and taped these to the mats instead. Easy peasy!







I ended up doing a zebra for the middle.



I decided to put them over C's changing table. I've been wanting something to go there for awhile, but wasn't sure what. I think These fit well!


A close up:































One more shot!



 Tip Junkie handmade projects


Linking up with Today's Creative Blog


Also linking up with the Thrifty Decor Chick






6 comments:

  1. Can't believe you painted these yourself! They are so adorable and look like they were done by a pro!! :) You should do a children's book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those animals are too cute! it really does look like a professional job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are fabulous!!! The zebra is my favorite. Just adorable. :) Visiting from Thrifty Decor Chick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know other commenters have already used this word, but those pictures are totally ADORABLE!! Great job. How nice that your child's room is adorned with artwork you created!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post fits perfectly for a blog titled "I create beauty". You're right. I like your art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, Elyssa! These are amazing! You are such an inspiration. I will never have half of your artistic abilities, but I love to admire yours!

    ReplyDelete