Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Joining the challenge

A few months ago Hubby and I found out about a company called ViSalus promoting a 90 day challenge to getting healthier. The company makes a protein/ nutrition shake mix that can be used in several different ways to reach different health goals. It can be used to;

-Maintain current weight and build muscle
-Gain weight and build muscle (For professional athletes especially.)
-Lose weight 

Hubby completed his first 90 day challenge a couple weeks ago. He lost 22lb and 5" off his waist. I have a little baby weight that's still hanging on, so I'd like to lose a little weight and also build some muscle.



My Goals:
 
Here are my specific goals;
-Get down to 118 lbs (A few pounds over a healthy weight for my height)
-Lose the baby stomach
-See some ab definition

I will be replacing breakfast with a shake. I also plan to try to (continue) walking 1.5 miles 3-4x a week and start doing 40 burpees a day. The cool thing about the shake mix is that it is a basic sweet cream flavor so you can mix it with anything. I've tried some of Hubby's creations and I know these three will be at the top:

Chocolate Almond milk and peanut butter powder(Peanut butter cup)
Orange juice and vanilla (Orange Julius)
Banana and frozen strawberries

Here are my current measurements and weight: (Gah! I can't believe I'm putting these out there, but I guess it's good for accountability.)

Weight: 124
Hips: 38 inches
Natural Waist: 27 1/2"

I'll post the before picture that I took today when I have the after picture to put with it. :) I'll do updates every so often to let you know how it's going.


Here's a short video that explains the challenge a little more from one of the company's founders.


My ViSalus page is here if you want to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment