Sunday, December 11, 2011

Cherry Cake Bars

This is one of my Hubby's favorite desserts. It goes together quickly and is pretty versatile. Here's what you need:

2 sticks butter, softened
1 3/4 c. granulated sugar
4 eggs
1 t. vanilla

1/2 t. salt
1 1/2 t. baking powder
3 c. flour
1 can cherry pie filling

Cream together the butter and sugar. Then beat in the eggs. Add the vanilla and mix well.


Add the salt and baking powder. I like to add it to the wet ingredients because it dissolves better and you don't have to wash an extra bowl.



Then add the flour. It should be a thick, sticky dough.


Spread 3/4 of the dough in a greased 9x13 pan. I usually spread as much of the dough as I can with a spatula and then I wet my hands to finish it.


Drop the cherry filling on top of the dough in clumps...


and spread it to the edges.


Use the last 1/4 of the dough to drop on top.


Bake at 350 for approx. 40 minutes. (or until golden brown.)
You can also make these in a 10x12 bar pan, but then they aren't as 'cakey'.

I've also substituted Blueberry pie filling. I imagine you could also do raspberry, apple, peach, etc..


Here is the finished product along with some Chocolate Revel Bars



1 comment:

  1. Wow, you are baking up a delicious storm! Your mixer is super cute!

    ReplyDelete