Friday, December 16, 2011

Felt Flowers

I don't know if you're on Pinterest, but if you're not you should be! There are all sorts of great craft ideas! It can be mildly addicting, but oh so fun! :) Here is the link to my Pinterest account if you want to see some other things I've collected.

Here are some of the lovelies you can find on Pinterest:



                                          Source: littlemissmomma.com via Elyssa on Pinterest


                                            Source: littlethingsbringsmiles.blogspot.com via Elyssa on Pinterest



                               Source: homestoriesatoz.com via Elyssa on Pinterest




                                                                                 Source: nestofposies-blog.com via Elyssa on Pinterest



                                                            Source: cherishedvintage.blogspot.com via Elyssa on Pinterest



This is the tutorial I used for my flowers:

                                                                           Source: onelovelylife.com via Elyssa on Pinterest



If you would like to make some of your own I would recommended using her tutorial, but here are a few things I did and some pictures.I made a large one which I might use on a wreath, but the pink one is for pinning on a top or in your hair.

They don't take too long...Maybe 45 minutes. I cut all my squares with scissors. If you had a rotary cutter it would go faster.




 The circle diameter I used was 2 " and the squares were 
1 1/4" and  1".


 I got this nifty clip at Hobby Lobby. I also put a circle of cardboard between the back of the flower and the gray felt backing. I just cut a slit in the gray piece and slipped it over the clip. Then I sewed the gray piece to the back of the flower.


Finished!


Let me know if you have any questions!

linking up with:

1 comment:

  1. Your flowers are cute! Will you add them to your shop? I would love to make a necklace like that! :)

    ReplyDelete