Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Journaling

I have always loved to journal. My mom made me start keeping a journal when I was 10 for writing practice. (I was home schooled.) As I got older I told her I was keeping a journal of how I felt so I wouldn't be as mean to my kids as she was to me! :) It is pretty funny to go back and read some of my entries!

Apparently "See you later alligator, after while crocodile" is a natural end to a journal entry.

Here are a few gems:

(Age 10. When my mom was due with one of my sisters) "I had to got to my grandma's house cause mom started having contractions we were really excited but it was a fake."

 (Age 10.) "I did my Penny Saver route. Dad he got bit by a dog. It was a sheep dog. It made teeth marks and stuff. Cool."

(Age 12. After a bible camp) "I will miss Veronica, the piano player. She was so da-bomb (that's small talk for awesome.)"

(Age13.) I blew up at Mom and said "You always want to now (know) why, when, were, (where) and how and I'm sick of it!" That's when she grounded me. Well, just one last thing. I think __________ is the Cutest GUY in the whole world! SYS  (See you soon) Lisa (My nom de plume) 
p.s. __________ is sooooooooooo cute! :)

Mature, wasn't I? (Sorry, Mom!)



Any how.....
I haven't done as well recently with journaling, but this week I was talking to a friend who shared something she had found on Pinterest and was going to try. I really liked the idea and am going to do it myself.

It's called Peaks, pits, prayers, and praises.


Here is the journal I got to do it with:


Those 4 words are a guide to help you reflect on the day.

1. Peaks of the Day: The highlights. The good moments. Something overall positive that happened during the day. 

2. Pit of the Day: The low point of the day. But, rather than just complaining about it, see if you can find a way to look at it positively or as a blessing in disguise. 

3. Praise: Simply praising God for specific things that happened 

4. Prayers: Prayer requests that may have arose from the new day or that have been lingering. I love this idea!

Thanks for the great idea Morgan!

1 comment:

  1. Your journal posts are so hilarious! :) I think I have some of those "______ is the cutest guy" from high school.

    I like your new journal. Really good idea focus on those things. I might have to borrow that idea. :)

    ReplyDelete