Sunday, January 22, 2012

Stuffed Spinach Pasta Shells





This is another one of our favorite recipes. I like it because it is vegetarian, so it's pretty inexpensive to make and cuts down on how much meat we eat.

It's pretty simple.

Here's what you need for a 9 x 13 pan:
 
26-28 jumbo pasta shells
 
2 boxes of frozen, chopped spinach (Thawed. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible)
4 eggs
16 oz italian blend shredded cheese
2 c. ricotta cheese
1 1/2 jars pasta sauce


Cook the shells, run them under cool water, and place on towel to dry.



Mix together the ricotta, eggs, spinach and ital cheese. (Reserve 1/2 c. of italian cheese.)




Stuff the shells. Place in greased pan.



Pour sauce in top and sprinkle 1/2 c. reserved cheese.




 Bake, covered at 350 for 40 minutes or until heated through.






 

five days five ways | feature friday free for all


 
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm! Looks yummy and sounds easy to make - my favourite kind of recipe! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delish! I recently made a cheesy stuffed pasta that I used to love...and I was sadly disappointed that it was not as delicious as before! I think my tastes and cooking abilities have changed since then, but your incorporation of spinach and seasoning reminds me to give it a chance again, but to try it with some different ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look absolutely DELICIOUS, Elyssa!


    Thought you might want to know that I'm featuring you tomorrow for Feature Friday Free-for-All!

    Thanks for linking up! : )

    Hope you'll be back to share some more of your awesomeness!

    P.S. I'm a new follower. (Don't know how I didn't before, but I do now!)

    ~Abbie (www.fivedaysfiveways.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elyssa, I was hoping you would also link this recipe up! I'm totally pinning it - I never thought of adding Spinach to stuffed shells - I don't know why, but I definitely love the idea :) Thanks for sharing this at D2f!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete