Friday, January 27, 2012

Southwest Turkey Meatballs.

I love Pinterest for fashion and decorating inspiration, but recently I've discovered a new way to use it; to find new recipes! I found this recipe for Southwest Turkey Meatballs.


 
                                                                                Source: skinnytaste.com via Elyssa on Pinterest
 
 
I tried it last week and it was so good!
Here is what you need:


1-1/4 lbs 99% lean ground turkey

1 jalapeƱo, seeds removed (I used a serrano pepper)
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
3 scallions (I used green onions)

1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 egg
1 tsp cumin
pinch oregano
salt and fresh pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Put the pepper, garlic, cilantro, and green onions in a food processor and pulse until chopped, but not pureed. 



 Mix the green mixture into the turkey.


 
          Add the egg, bread crumbs, and other spices.




It should look like this:




Roll into 1" balls and place on greased cookie sheet.





Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
(For those of you that read my turkey roasting post, I would now like to draw your attention to my clean oven. :)




I made pasta and a white sauce and mixed the meatballs in with green beans and peas. It was pretty yummy!
If you go over to www.skinnytaste.com you can find a recipe for a Creamy Cilantro Tomatillo Dipping Sauce if you want to have them as more of an appetizer.
 



 
 
These were very easy and delicious! I will definitely make them again!



five days five ways  feature friday free for all
Weekend Bloggy Reading

2 comments:

  1. those look amazingly good!! i think i will try them soon...thanks for sharing. :)

    ~Hilary~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such the good cook! Those look yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete