Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Aunt Karna's Angel Hair Pasta


My aunt and uncle are missionaries overseas. For a while they were stationed in Italy and during that time my mom asked my aunt, "Can you please give me some authentic Italian recipes?" And this was one she sent. I've made a few changes, like adding garlic and onion.

You'll need:
2 Chicken breasts
2 cloves garlic
1/2 onion
2 T. olive/canola oil

1-2 small zucchini
1 head of broccoli
2-3 medium carrots
1 container grape/cherry tomatoes

2/3 cup chicken broth
1 t. basil (dry or 1/2 t. fresh)
 salt to taste 


Chop chicken and onion. Add minced garlic and oil. Saute in a large pan until chicken is cooked. 


 While that's cooking, chop carrots, zucchini, and broccoli.
(Broccoli not pictures because I used frozen.)




Add carrots to chicken and cook til carrots are just starting to get tender.




Then add the broccoli and cook until tender
.

 
Add zucchini and cook until tender. (Seeing a pattern here? :)


Add your basil to the chicken broth. Pour over veggie/chicken mixture and bring to a boil.


Chop tomatoes in half and add to the veggies and chicken.



Cook tomatoes down till they look like this:
 

Serve over angel hair pasta (I used whole wheat spaghetti) and top with parmesan cheese if desired.






More recipes to come soon! I had some requests for the ones found in my recent post about autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment