Saturday, June 18, 2011

5 things

1. Solid food. 

Feeding C. solid foods has proven to be much more challenging than I thought it would be. I guess I thought he would think, "Wow! Look at all this cool colored and different tasting stuff!" and chow it all down. It hasn't quite worked that way. C. likes his bottle. Solid foods are really more of a game. C.'s attitude seems to be,"Ok, I'll eat this since this is what I have to do to get my milk." I discovered he does really like little oyster crackers. At first I would place 5-6 on his tray and he would methodically eat one at a time, but his current strategy involves stuffing all of them in his mouth till he chokes. Also because he is in such a hurry to cram all the crackers in his mouth he inadvertently drops several down in his high chair. I'll think he was such a good eater and then I'll take him out of his chair and realize he actually only ate 5 of the 30 crackers I gave him. That might be a slight exaggeration, but you get the idea.



2. Visit to the fire station.

Hubby was working today so C. and I went to have lunch with him. Hubby mentioned he was at a station where they had a ladder truck and did I want to go up it? (We've talked about this before, but have never done it.) He took all the necessary precautions; putting a harness and carabiner on me and standing behind me on the ladder. It isn't the department's largest ladder, but it was still super fun! I think we were about 60 ft. in the air. I love getting to experience all the different aspects of my husband's job! I'm do proud of what he does.

3. Cool stuff.

I've been eyeing a rosette bib necklace for a few weeks from Allora Handmade The hard part is that she has so many delicious colors to choose from! If you know me, you know I've always struggled with the issue of color choice. This is the only aspect of clothes shopping I do not like. But I think I'm pretty much decided on coral. Or mustard. No, maybe moss. Nope, for sure pacific. You see my problem?

I also think I'm going to buy this jewelry organizer from Bella Dangles. Since I make jewelry I have a lot lying around and this would be so nice!

4. Father's Day.

 I'm so excited to be celebrating Hubby's first 'out of the womb' Father's Day! We're planning to go out to lunch to one of his favorite places after church. Hopefully all goes well with little C. He's been teething lately and has been a bit cranky. As in following me around whining and hanging on me cranky. But I would be too if I was pushing razor sharp baby teeth through my gums.

5. Purging.

I am in a major purging mood lately. This is quite normal. I go for few couple months without throwing hardly anything away and then suddenly I can't take it any more and decided to go through obscure closets and out of the way places like the garage and basement. I think my husband has a love hate relationship with these moods. He loves when I pick things up and make things organized, but hates me pressuring him to go through/get rid of his things. He actually is a very tidy person and doesn't keep a lot of things, but there are a few areas he needs to go through. He's been pretty busy lately, so I've realized I need to take more initiative to find solutions rather than add something else to his plate. Right now I'm trying to figure out a filing system for some of his papers, then I can sort them into piles and have him go through one pile at once. That's one of the top things on my to-do list this week.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment