Monday, June 20, 2011

Today is the day....

...that I'm am putting away our nativity. I know, pathetic. I just never seem to get around to 'extra' projects now that we have a little man. The basics, such as laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping, and taking showers, keep me busy enough.

If you find it odd that I list taking a shower as part of my chore/to-do list you are most likely single. If you are a mother, you understand this. After having children showers become a luxury. That's what hats are for.

Anyways, today I put my nativity away and it felt so good to get that done! For 7 months now the top of my piano looked like this:
I love our nativity, but it was time for it to go. (Pardon the bad night lighting) 
I bought some picture frames garage saling the other day that I want to put up there, as well as the things I had up there pre-Christmas. I'll post pictures when I get it finished. Don't hold your breath. It may take me another 6 months and by then it'll be time to put the nativity back up....

In other news, Father's Day was a huge success! Hubby had a fire right before shift change so he was a home a little late, but I think that just added to his day. :) We went to church in the morning and then off to a local small town for lunch. Fortunately we made reservations ahead of time because if we hadn't we would have waited for 3+ hours. The food was fabulous. I wish I would have gotten pictures, but I was busy feeding C. and trying to prevent him from grabbing said food and throwing it on the floor. I did snap a few pictures of my men though.
I brought several bright colored toys for C. to play with. Of course he wanted this spoon.


Having fun eating green beans.


I'm not really sure what this look means. Stop with the pictures already?


Off to weed my garden while the little man is down for a nap! I think the weeds are taller than my plants now, so I figured it's probably about time to get on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment