Thursday, August 25, 2011

Birthday Recap

I had a birthday yesterday and it was lovely. I mentioned to Hubby that it would be great if he got up with C (who usually gets up around 6) and feed him his breakfast. My sweet husband did this and also unloaded the dishwasher and made me breakfast.

Birthday flowers


I decided to get perfume for my birthday. 
It's one of those things that makes me feel pretty and feminine and I haven't had any for awhile.

It even came in a cute pink box. I love the scent!

Hubby took me to a Greek restaurant for dinner and it was so fun! We got to sit on a patio and since we came a little early for dinner we had it all to ourselves.


Here's a few shots of the Greek food we ate. (So yummy!)
 Flaming cheese appetizer. (they actually light it on fire!)

 Hubby got this Gyro meat platter.

 I got this sampler that had several different Greek specialties. One of them is called Dolmathes. (Rice and hamburger wrapped in a grape leaf and cooked.)

It was a fun memory because I grew up next to a Greek Orthodox couple and I remember seeing her out in the ditches hunting for the perfect size grape leaves. We had a vine in our yard too and sometimes she would come over and pick leaves, showing us which ones were the right size. Aparently, the woman who makes these has been making them at this restaurant for 20 years. Sheesh!

 Tiramisu. The last time I had this was in Italy, and although this was good it really didn't compare. :)

Baklava. When our waiter found out it was my birthday he said that I would get a free piece of baklava on the house. He also told me he picked the largest piece in the pan. It was scrumptious!

It was a fabulous birthday! My hubby is really sweet about doing it up on my birthdays and makes me feel like a princess. :)



1 comment:

  1. A very happy birthday to you!! It looks like it was wonderfully blessed! :) Hope it's the beginning of a fantastic year. ;)

    ReplyDelete