Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Freezing Sweet Corn

Since we live in the heart of the mid west this is the season of sweet corn. We have some friends that have a large garden and they had an over abundance of sweet corn. They asked if we wanted any, and of course we said, "Yes!"

The only problem was we had nearly 2 bushels of corn (nearly 150 ears) and Hubby was working. I was going to have to tackle it by myself. Not a problem, except for the fact that I have a very active almost 1 year old who loves to be under foot in the kitchen.

My solution: a barricade

 This worked well for a little while, but then C. realized he could push the chairs.

Take two. Doubling up.

I don't know how he did it, but he still got through!

Thinking face. How can I get through here?.....

Finally resigned to his fate and decided to play with his fire truck.

I shucked the corn and then boiled it for 5 minutes.

Cut off the corn and measure it in to freezer ziplocs.

The finished product!

Super easy and it will be fun to pull out come winter!

2 comments:

  1. Love the barricade.

    And wow... you are going to have corn "coming out your ears." Get it? Sorry, I just couldn't resist. :)

    ReplyDelete